Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day

I married well. No matter how much he deflects, no one else would've have put up with the things I've taken him through in the last 21 years. Twenty of those years we've been raising children together, and I could not be more humbled by the way he sacrificially gives (over and over) to our children. We've always parented as a team, but there are many, many days and nights when he give me a "time out" with no guilt and his blessing. He keeps the fun in our family and keeps my feet from going where I shouldn't go. He understands more about raising our girls than most men would, and he listens when I tell him things that are absolutely nonessential details about our day...just things I need to say. He understands me needing 100,000 words a day...and realizes I don't talk to many other adults on any given day. He lets me talk, and he talks me off many a ledge. I never do well with holidays...and I've never made Father's Day a HUGE event. But, I want him to know, and his children to know, that God has made an ordinary man, EXTRAordinary. Happy Father's Day Richard, everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment