Thursday, December 5, 2013
Thankful for Today
Today I experienced the shortest 2 hours of my life. Sitting in the Department of Human Services in a meeting with a lawyer, a case worker, an adoption specialist and a foster mother. We asked questions, they answered, foster mother shared her experiences, then showed us pictures from her phone. Richard and I never even looked at each other until about the hour mark, and even then I saw that he was engaged, moving on and choked up.
In those 2 hours...we became parents again. Just like when you learn you're pregnant and you've got this nervous feeling that something is coming... And the biggest surprise is that we aren't having two boys/brothers (as we thought all along) instead 1 girl, and 2 boys, siblings who need a home.
We communicated that we would like for them to start school here in January...that's 30 days away. Is it reasonable, is it possible? They seemed to think so. They were open, and we felt like they were thorough. They wanted us to know what they knew. And when we were finished...I looked up and TWO hours had elapsed!!
Our hearts were tender and yet at complete peace. We had lunch, processed the information we had been given, and then called the adoption specialist back and told her we wanted to proceed. This includes meeting the children next week. Next weekend at the latest. I am so thankful for today.
I pray for peace for these children, let them be open to a forever family. I pray for the foster parents to be agents for a smooth transition. I pray for us as we get ready in our hearts and home. I pray for the adoption specialist to be able to set the meeting dates for the next few weeks, during the busiest time of year. Thank you, Thank you God, for this gift.
PS: I suppose we won't be CRAZY 8...but NINE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment