I had the best time going to Cameron's class Christmas party! The classroom Mom party planners at his school are serious and the food, games and crafts are TOP NOTCH! Cameron has a great teacher and she has done so much to help him stay on task this semester! She has read questions with him, helped him ask questions to process better, and also have helped him build his confidence. He has some sweet friends he plays basketball and football with and he loves going to school.
These things all came into play when God started prompting me to bring him home next semester. I've never thought it was an option, as parenting and training have been my main priority and I just haven't ever thought I could also tackle his academics. He's had some GREAT teachers who have loved him taken great care to teach him, but now it's my turn. It's been a month of praying, talking and questioning, but Richard and I have agreed to obey what I feel in my heart.
Cameron's heart is on the line. He is impressionable and drawn to anything that he thinks is fun, no matter it's value. He is incredibly drawn to cultural songs and media and things that might make him "cool." He is like many 8 year olds and school just isn't that important to him. He weighs every assignment with this question..."How long will this take?" My goal is to give him lots of repetition, make learning fun, give him opportunities to build his confidence, and help set his moral compass. I want him to trust me more, listen to me more, and know that I can be the loudest voice he hears...until, of course He hears the Lord.
We will also do Bible study and memory and I know it will have a positive effect on him that only the Holy Spirit could direct. I know days will be hard, weeks will be long, and days when Richard is gone may be more frustrating, but HIS STRENGTH IS PERFECT.

No comments:
Post a Comment