This is my catchphrase, "We're finding our new normal." It's the most concise (and subtle) way I can cover what is going on in our home right now. We're in a learning mode, all of us, and it's hard work. I've made myself sick thinking and re-thinking every part of every day, just looking for things to improve on.
We have lots of things to celebrate:
1. 4 nights in a row with no crying at bedtime for Cameron
2. School is in session
3. A good weekend with middleM
4. The big kids are at college and doing well
5. Richard has been home since last Friday and will only be gone 1 1/2 days this week
6. The kids received most of their toys from their former placements
7. There are only 5-6 of us to feed this week for meals, 3 at lunchtime
8. Sheridan and I are back to normalcy during the day, homeschooling
9. The weather is looking up, and we can play outside
10. Sheridan keeps bouncing backs after setbacks
11. All the kids sleep at night
12. I have 2 people to talk to outside of Richard who understand
13. Scripture reading and praying has become a solid rock of security for me in the last 19 days
God is working a miracle here. It's hard, but it's going to be so worth it to see what He's going to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment