Sunday, February 2, 2014
New Normal?
Tonight we went to our friends' house to watch the Super Bowl. Well, the Super Bowl was on, but the snacks, conversation and laughter are what I enjoyed. It was almost normal, and I am thankful for the moments when real friends ask how we are, and mean it. Things are so much better than two weeks ago, and although we have slip ups (or downs) we seem to be still heading in the right direction.
It's supposed to snow A LOT here this week. Richard will be out of town for 4 days. I'm really having to work on my attitude. I've never been a big grumbler about the weather, hot or cold, but I've had a bad attitude all day about the possibility of snow days. I've got to give God credit for all He is doing in our lives. For the laughter, for the peaceful moments, for the games played, for the friends who have set their phone alarms to pray for us every day, for the cokes from Sonic, for hugs from Erin and for safety for us all. What comes with the weather should not make me anxious, He holds all things together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment